This past August, I went on a two week Europe trip to France and Italy. This was my first time traveling to Europe so I did a lot of research on how & what to pack for my time there. Here’s what I brought with me on my trip & how I organized all my outfits.
Here are a few tips I learned…
- Use packing cubes to keep your clothes organized
- Find a suitcase that is durable and can handle the cobblestone streets in Europe
- Bring comfortable shoes!!!
- Pack travel sized items to save room
When packing for my trip, I tried to bring clothes that were lightweight and easy to mix & match with one another. I had limited room in my suitcase so I wanted to try and maximize the outfits I could bring.
How I packed everything in my suitcase:
-I used packing cubes to separate clothing items: one for tops, one for bottoms, one for activewear, and one for dresses
-I put all of my shoes in a shoe bag or packing cube to keep the rest of my suitcase from getting dirty
-I packed my makeup/toiletries in a makeup bag to prevent them from leaking
Creating an Outfit Dairy:
I also wanted to make sure when packing to not overpack and bring clothes that I wouldn’t wear. To help with this, I created an outfit diary in my notes app, so I could keep track of everything I packed during my trip & remember how I wanted to wear each item.
To create your own outfit diary, follow these steps…
- Take photos of you wearing each outfit you want to pack
- Press and hold down on the photo to use the Iphone cutout tool
- Copy and paste the cutout into your notes app
Tip: Depending on how many outfits you are packing, you can also organize the cutouts by day & night or by trip location.